*International Shipping - Fully Tracked!
1. What are the shipping costs to the U.S.?
For those living in the U.S. shipping & handling from the U.K. to the U.S. is £11.99 tracked and signed for, and arrives in 5-7 days.
2. Are there any import duties payable?
There are no duties or taxes (unless the order is over $800 USD).
3. If I am between belt sizing brackets should I go up or down a size when choosing a belt?
If you are borderline, between two sizes always go up a size. *Also note that with a 'side adjuster' there are two inches of size adjustment up or down on every belt.
4. How can I learn more about the design, quality and construction of Hawkrigger belts?
5. Are Hawkrigger belts certified as work positioning or restraint harnesses?
Whilst Hawkrigger belts have been designed with EN358 standards in mind and are very strong, they are not certified as such and not recommended by Hawkrigger for use as harnesses for restraint or rappelling. The belts are constructed of High Tensile Nylon 6, V92 bonded thread, and 304 4mm thick Stainless Steel that exceeds the strength of aluminium by approximately 3 times.
Here is a video demonstrating the raw strength of the belts with a 3Ton farm jack..
6. Are there any independent reviews of Hawkrigger belts?
7. What are Rigger's Belts?
Riggers belts get their name from parachute riggers who used to take used harness webbing and components from parachutes and make belts from them.
With the introduction of the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP), Marines now wear color-coded rigger's belts instead of the old web belt, indicating their level of proficiency in MCMAP (the web belt was phased out in 2008 due to a requirement for all Marines to achieve a tan belt rank by then).